How to Backup WhatsApp data in GB Whatsapp
November 25, 2023 (3 months ago)
GB WhatsApp is a MOD version app that does not have an auto-update feature. So users have to go for manual updates which may lead to data loss. WhatsApp users are always highly concerned about their chats and other WhatsApp data. So every website and GB Whatsapp users suggest data backup before updating the app.
Data backup is also compulsory when you switch to official Whatsapp or any of its other mods. You may also need data backup for your Whatsapp chats and files while switching from one device to another. However, most GB Whatsapp users who are new to this version fail to find a backup process. Because GB Whatsapp comes with a different UI compared to its official counterpart. Hence, to facilitate those newbies to the GB version we have a user guide to back up your WhatsApp data and chats.
Steps for Data Backup
There are two backup solutions for backing up your data in GBWhatsapp. The first one is Google Drive Backup and the second one is local data backup.
Google Drive Data Backup
Google Drive is one of the most widely used data backup software for mobile users. Moreover, Google Drive comes with verification from Google and your data is in secure with one of the safest data holders. Here is How you can back up your data in GBWhatsapp using your G-Drive account.
- Launch your GBWhatsapp.
- Look for three dots in the upper corner on the right side. Tap on it and touch the “Settings” option given in the menu.
- In this setting menu, open the chat section for backup of your chats and shared data in these chats.
- When you tap on Chat, a new window will open with 5 different options.
- Here look for “Chat Backup” at the 4th option before chat history.
- Tap on it to open the backup menu.
- In this menu, you will see a green colored “Backup” button and an input field to provide your account.
- Provide an email address linked to your G-Drive account and select the options below according to your needs.
- You can include videos, files, images, or documents, according to your needs.
- OR you can also go for chat backup for your voice notes and text messages.
- Moreover, there is also an option for network selection as you can choose between mobile data or wifi for your data backup.
In addition to G-Drive backup, you can also download and back up different files and Whatsapp data in your device storage. But this will not allow you to back up your text chats and conversations. Moreover, it will also consume a lot of storage space on your device making your device out of storage.