WhatsApp Voice and Video Calling
November 27, 2023 (3 months ago)
Whatsapp is the most used platform for video and voice calling all over the world. Initially, the platform was designed for simple text conversations for free and instant messaging across the globe. But its free services for global messages earned great popularity. Because at that time, global messaging was very costly. Hence, this free service with end-to-end encryption attracted millions of users.
This popularity & user demands urged WhatsApp to introduce new features. These features were multimedia sharing and later video & voice calling. The introduction of this feature completely revolutionized the fate of WhatsApp. Now over 2 billion active users enjoy free video/audio calling and instant messaging.
Features of Whatsapp Video & Voice Calling
Video calling & voice calling features of WhatsApp are best among other online video/voice calling platforms. Here we will highlight some astonishing aspects of of calling feature of WhatsApp.
You can make audio and video calls anywhere in the world without any country restrictions. Whatsapp offers its services in over 230 countries of the world.
WhatsApp offers high-quality video calls with crystal clear video quality. The video call feature comes with a variety of options, as you can enable/disable the microphone, switch b/w back & front camera, or disable video. Voice quality is also very high in your video calls and you can also add other people in your call.
A voice call feature is also included in WhatsApp, You can make voice calls for free with clear voice quality. You can make calls to one or multiple contacts at once.
Group calling is the feature that took the video & audio calling of WhatsApp to new heights. It was the first time that people from different parts of the world were gathered on a single screen for video calling & audio calling. Group calling made collaborative conversations more easy and secure.
End-to-end encryption makes WhatsApp the most reliable platform for audio & video calling. All the calls are always between users and even WhatsApp does not decrypt or access your calls. It means complete protection of your privacy for all your calls.
There is no limit to your audio & video calls as you can make thousands of calls every day.
No time Limit
WhatsApp does not have any time limit as you can talk to others for hours in a single video/voice call.
How to Make Video/Voice Call on WhatsApp?
Here are a few easy steps to master video/voice calling on WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Tap on any conversation to make a call with this contact.
- If you are making a call from a conversation then it is quite simple.
- Just open this conversation by tapping on it and look for the audio & video call option at the top right in this conversation.
- Tap on the video icon to make a video call or on the Phone receiver icon to make an audio call.
- Moreover, you can also make the call to contacts that are not in your conversation list.
- Just launch the app and look for the “Calls” section in the home menu.
- Tap on this call section and you will see a green color button at the bottom right.
- Tap on this icon and it will open this list of your contacts. Just select the contact to make a call. Now a popup will open to select the video or audio call.
- For group calls, you can go to your Whatsapp group and look for call icons on the top.
- Tap on a video call or audio call icon to make a group call to all group members.
- In your video or audio call, if there is an option “calling”, it means the user is offline. If this option is “Ringing” then it means the bell is ringing for an audio/video call.