How to Create a WhatsApp Channel
November 27, 2023 (3 months ago)
WhatsApp is a global brand in the digital world of communication and socializing. Its global range and ever-increasing popularity urge WhatsApp to introduce new features all the time. WhatsApp channel is the latest addition to its ever-increasing set of features. This feature is part of other social media platforms like YouTube and others. Social media influencers create channels and share different sorts of multimedia content for their followers. These social media influencers then use their channels for advertisement & promotions of different products and services. WhatsApp has also introduced this Channel feature with a bit different strategy compared to other platforms. Here we will go through the process of channel creation on WhatsApp.
Steps to Create a WhatsApp Channel
WhatsApp Channel can be created within a few steps on any Android or iOS device. But this WhatsApp channel may not be created for all WhatsApp users as some users may also go on a waiting list. Once your wait ends WhatsApp allot you a WhatsApp channel. Here are the steps to set up your WhatsApp channel on Android & iOS devices.
How to Create a WhatsApp Channel on Android
- Launch the WhatsApp on your Android and your Whatsapp should be official or business version.
- Moreover, your WhatsApp should be updated to the latest version.
- After opening the WhatsApp app, navigate to the “Updates” section.
- Scroll down to find the list of channels at the end of the “Updates” section.
- Now above the channel list, look for “+” the icon and tap on it.
- It will show the “Create Channel” or “New Channel” option.
- Tap on this option and set up your channel.
- Select a channel name & channel icon image to set up the channel.
- Once, you have created it tap on “Get Started” and follow the provided prompts to make further customizations.
- You can add a bio, change the icon image, edit the channel name, and make other required customization.
How to Create a WhatsApp Channel on iOS
There are almost identical steps as given above for Android users but there are some differences for iOS users. Here are the total steps to create a WhatsApp Channel on iPhone.
- Launch the official WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business on your iOS.
- Go to “Updates” and look for the “+” icon at the end of this “Updates” section.
- Tap on this icon and select the “Create Channel” option.
- Now “Get Started” and go for further customizations to add a bio, and icon image, and make further customizations.
- Once you have done with customizations, you can tap on the Create button to set your channel publicly.
- Share your channel via link and on your status story to get followers for your Whatsapp channels.